On Nov. 1, a conference was held at Seoul’s City Hall to improve, confirm and announce the new admission systems, which will go into effect in 2014. The mayor of Seoul, Park Won Soon and the President of the UOS, Lee, Kun, along with other key figures participated in this conference. Since May, the UOS has been running a planning group to improve its admission system.
This planning group consists of school officials, high school teachers, city council members, entrance examination specialists, representatives of parents, etc. The group had gathered opinions from all walks of life and analyzed admissions policies of domestic and foreign universities in order to help develop an improved scheme. The revisions of the admission systems were considered and finally confirmed during the conference. The revised admission system will be applied to the current juniors in high school.
Key improvements in the UOS’ Admissions Policy
- The simplification of the admission models
- Expansion of Equal Opportunity Options
- Gradual abolishment of the standard grade of the Korea Scholastic Aptitude Test for early admissions
- Reinforcement of the characteristics of each admission unit
- Decrease in the number of admission models from eight models in 2013 to five models in 2014