Didn’t you say you would take a test this month?” “Well... god! I missed the application term. I’ll the take the next time.” Now you will not miss the application term. Here are the schedules and basic informations about the main English Tests - TOEIC, TOEFL, TEPS, GRE, G-TELP and SEPT.
TOEIC is the most popular English ability test and often used for employment, admission to undergraduate and graduate school and KATUSA (Korean Augmentation Troops to United States Army) evaluation.
- Online application : www. toeic.co.kr (requires your picture in jpeg or gif format and a credit card)
- The fee for taking the test is 28,000 won.
- Preparations : Pictures size 3X4 and the fee for the test.
- Application term and time : The application is possible four days from 9:30 to 17:00
TEPS is a popular test for public employees, employment, entering university and graduate school in Korea.
- Online application : www.teps.or.kr (requires your picture in ‘jpeg’ or ‘gif’ format and a credit card) - The fee for taking the test is 24,000 won.
- Preparations : Pictures size 3X4 and the for the test.
- Application term and time : Online application is possible for 24hours. The application ends at 17:00 Terms for 6 days, 9:30 ~ 17:00
A PBT (Paper Based Test) TOEFL changed into a CBT (Computer Based Test) from June 2000. Therefore there will be two tests a day. You can take the task again after a month. Online application is impossible.
Korean-American Education Commission to apply for the TOEFL. Apply-ing by phone is most recommendable way.
- The fee for taking the test is $110.
- $40 is required for changing test date.
- VISA, Master Card or American Express Card are accepted.
- Appling by phone, or fax or post
- Phone number : 02-3211-1233
Fax number : 02-3275-4029
G-TELP is a practical speaking test. There is also a level test. The speaking test is the day before the level test.
- Online application : www.gtelp.co.kr
- The fee for taking the test
1> Level test : 27,500 won
2> Speaking test : 55,000 won
3> Speaking test and
level test together. 82,500 won
- Application term and time : The application period is 10 days. Refer to www.gtelp.co.kr
- Application by fax available
SEPT only tests speaking ability. There are 8 parts to this test.
- The fee for the test : 45,000
- Application term and time : 9:30 ~ 17:00 only for weekdays, 9:00 ~ 12:00 on Saturday.
- Application formation must be down-loaded from the site(www.sept.co.kr) and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for e-mail application.
< 저작권자 © The UOS Times 무단전재 및 재배포금지 >